Friday, January 2, 2009

Academic Bad Habits

I have a bad habit, and I have noticed that my grad school friends have it too.

As soon as I walk into someone's house for the first time, I make a beeline for their bookcase. I go through it meticulously, I look for what books and theemes we have in common, and I will grab any title that peaks my interest off the shelf without even asking.

I thought I was alone in this until a few of my friends came to my place for the first time. within minutes my shelf had been picked over and I became the Shelly public library.

I guess I could have worse habits. I do leave my friends medicine cabinets alone, And I rarely go into an underwear drawer without permission. I for one, know I am flattered when a friend looks over my bookshelf approvingly, I doubt they would feel the same way about their underwear.

No comments: