Tuesday, March 24, 2009

From Paper to Practise

I am standing on a precipice...a big scary precipice.

The research I have been proposing for two years is about to become reality. I am about to hop in a car/plane/bus digital recorder in hand and actually go out and do research.

Imagine knowing a person exists for two years before you are able to talk to them one on one. it is a little scary, because at this moment, anything could go wrong.

The usual doubts are flying through my head. "what if my data doesn't support my thesis?" "What if all of my contacts fall through."

Well, maybe my blogging will be more interesting when I am on the road. I wouldn't mind a boring trip though, I think I have had enough excitement over the years on various vacations to justify one trip where only minor things go wrong (I apologize in advance to all my fellow travelers if Air Canada goes out of business while I am using their services, it would make airline number three!).

May 10th is the deadline, lets hope I can get my ducks in a row by then and that no one kills them off in the meantime!

No comments: