Bonjour tout le monde, au’jourd’hui j’ai arrive au Caraquet, la centre de la couture Acadien.
So where do I catch everyone up too? I did my final two interviews in Saint John, both went very well and I am getting a lot of great information. The next day I stopped at another museum, and it was absolutely amazing. The Curator/manager there was really enthusiastic about engaging me on a series of difficult topics, all of which will be a great help to me.
I have to give a little plug, if you are ever in New Brunswick, take the time to pull off into Petitcodiac the cozy café has some pretty good food, there is an amazing bakery (mmmm, peanut butter chocolate cookies), and the war museum there is great, there is so much and the staff are very enthusiastic about their topics.
The drive up to Caraquet today was wonderful. I bought some Lebanese food to go in Moncton and stopped in Bouctouche for a little picnic. What a picturesque town, cold though by the water. I wish I'd had more time there.
I am now in Caraquet in the Maison Touriste Dugas, it is quite lovely (even if it does smell a bit like Tortiere, but I am sure some people find that smell appealing) I have a cabin to myself, so hopefully there will not be a repeat of the snoring incident of last night.
I have to make an observation on NB drivers, there is one group who drive country as I'll put it (they do the limit, almost, most of the time, except when on actual roads) and another group who drive crazy, I have driven in Montreal, I thought I'd seen it all, until I saw a little dingy red beater drive up a hill like a bat out of hell to pass three transport trucks. And that was one of the tamer ones. I think I will take them over the Sunday drivers, at least they pass me instead of slowing me down.
I'm looking forward to getting some work done tonight, I really want to get this paper finished. Oddly enough, the internet I am stealing is working much better than the hotels actual internet, lets hope it stays that way for another hour or so!
A Demain!
No comments:
Post a Comment